Autumn Scavenger Hunt
Look up the verse; then answer the question and find the object.1. Amos 2:9 God is able to destroy our enemies even though they are as high as (1)___ and as strong as (2) ____. Find a branch from #1 and the largest leaf from #2.
2. Matthew 19:24 Jesus used this animal (3)____ and a metal object (4)____ to warn about the danger of riches. Find the longest #4.
3. I Peter 2:2 We should desire God’s Word as much as a (5)____
desires (6)____. Find a pod from a #6-weed plant.
4. Matthew 7:20 You will know people by what their actions produce (by their (7) ____. Find the smallest sample of #7.
5. Job 27:18 Wicked men may gather riches and possessions for a short time. Their houses are like (8)____ (9) ______, but their
prosperity is short-lived. Capture a #9.
6. Genesis 3:18 God’s punishment of man includes (10) ____ and (11) ____. Find a sample of each.
7. Psalm 91:4 Whoever goes to the Lord for safety and remains under His protection will be covered with His (12) ____. Find a #12.
8. Isaiah 40:8 The (13)_____ withers and the flower fades; but the Word of the Lord stands forever. Find the longest piece of # 13.
9. Psalm 58:8 The Psalmist is asking that the wicked be like the (14) _____ which dissolves into slime. Find a #14.
10. I Corinthians 10:4 (15)____ was the supernatural (16) ____ that gave water to the Israelites. Find the largest #16.
11. John 15:5 Jesus said He is like a (17)____ and we are like branches. If we remain connected to Him we will bear much fruit, but without Him we can do nothing. Find a #17.
12. Isaiah 36:6 When we rely on human leaders instead of God it is like trusting in the staff of a crushed (18)____. It will cut into your hand but not help you. Trust instead in the Lord our God. Find a #18
13. Matthew 7:26-27 Everyone who hears the words of Jesus and does not act upon them will be like a foolish man who constructed his dwelling on (19)____. Collect some #19.
14. Proverbs 25:21-22 If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat. And if he is thirsty, give him water to drink. You will heap burning (20)____ on his head (modern translation – You will make him burn with shame). And the Lord will reward you. Find a cool #20.
15. I Peter 1:23 Through the living and eternal Word of God you have been born again, not of (21)____ which is perishable (a parent who is mortal) but imperishable (immortal). Find the largest #21.
Return to Skits and Ideas menu