Nature Scavenger Hunt
1. Genesis 3:18 God’s punishment after the fall includes #1__________ and #2__________. Find a sample of #1 and #2.
2. Isaiah 40:8 The #3______ withers and the flower fades; but the Word of the Lord stands forever. Find the longest piece of #3.
3. Matthew 7:26-27 Everyone who hears the words of Jesus and does not act upon them will be like a foolish man who builds his house on #4______. Collect some #4.
4. Matthew 13:8 Other #5_____ fell on good soil, where it produced a good harvest. Find a #5.
5. Proverbs 25:21-22 If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat. And if he is thirsty, give him water to drink. You will heap burning #6_______ on his head (make him burn with shame). And the Lord will reward you. Find a cold piece of #6.
6. Genesis 30:6 Jacob’s fifth son was #7_____, meaning judged.
Proverbs 28:1 The wicked flee when no one is chasing them, but the righteous are bold as a #8_____. Find a #7dy #8.
7. Mathew 19:24 Jesus used a large animal and a metal object #9_______ to warn about the danger of riches. Find a brown #9 from a tree.
8. Psalm 31:3 Since God is my #10_____, I can ask Him to lead and guide me. Find a colorful #10.
9. Genesis 6:14 Noah was told by God to cover the ark inside and out with #11______ Find some #11 from pine tree.
10. Colossians 2:6 #12___ you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him.
Psalm 45:1 “My tongue is the #13_____ of a ready writer.” Find a dead leaf from an #12 #13 tree.
11. Revelation 2:17 To him who overcomes I will also give him a white #14_______ with a new name written on it. Find a white #14.
12. Lamentations 3:19 I remember my troubles, the bitterness and the #15_____. This word can also refer to something that can be found on a plant stem. Find a #15.
13. Psalm 91:4 If someone goes to the Lord for safety and stays under His protection it will be like being safely covered with #16_________. Find a #16.
14. Isaiah 11:7 There will be a time when the lion will eat #17______ like an ox. Find a piece of #17.
15. Matthew 7:3 Why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the #18_______ in your own eye. Find a #18 near a fire pit.
NATURE SCAVENGER HUNT #2 – Catch and Release Afterward
16. Leviticus 11:20 When designating clean and unclean animals, God told Israel that “all #19________ _________ that walk on all fours are detestable to you.” Catch a #19.
17. Proverbs 6:6 Look at the #20______ you sluggard. Observe her ways and be wise. Even though she doesn’t have anyone to boss her around, she works hard and provides for the future. Find a #20.
18. Numbers 13:33 Ten of the twelve spies Moses sent to the promised land failed to believe God’s promise to give them the land because some of the people in the land were so big that they felt like #21_______________ compared to them. Find a live #21
19. Job 8:13-14 The things that those who forget God trust in is fragile (weak). What they rely on is like a #22________ home. Find a #22
20. Exodus 16:20 Some disobeyed Moses and found that their leftover bread from heaven was full of #23__________ FinD a #23.
21. Job 27:18 Wicked men may gather riches and possessions for a short time. But their houses are like a #24________’s home. Their prosperity is short-lived. Find a #24.
22. Leviticus 11:22 You may eat any kind of locust, katydid #25_______ or grasshopper. Find a #25
NUMBER 3 — PHOTOGRAPH HUNT
1. Mark 4:3 Don’t be like the hard soil on the path where the #26______ (devil) can take away God’s word before it can help you grow and develop into a Godly person. Take a photo of a small #26.
2. Psalm 104:17 “the stork has its home in the #27_____ ______.” Photograph a #27
3. Isaiah 2:20 In the last days men will throw away their idols to #28________ and bats. They will hide in #29_______. Take a picture of a #28 that lives in a #29.
4. Psalm 42:1 As the #30______ thirsts for water, so my soul thirsts for the living God. Photograph a #30 or one of its larger cousins.
5. Exodus 25:4-5 The Lord told Moses to tell the Israelites to bring him offerings of #31______, #32______ and scarlet yarn,and ram skins died #33_____. Photograph #31, #32, and #33 colored flowers.
6. Luke 12:24 Consider the #34_______. They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn, yet God feeds them. Photograph a #34.
7. Job 37:5-7 God’s voice thunders in marvelous ways! He does great things beyond our understanding. He says to the #35______ “Fall on the earth”so that all men He has made will know His work. Take a picture of some #35.
8. Matthew 8:20 When people wanted to follow Jesus wherever He went, He warned them that unlike birds that have #36_______, He had no earthly home. Photograph a #36.
9. 1 Chronicles 6:19 #37______ was second son of Merari and grandson of Levi.
Luke 14:22 when the invited guests made excuses for not coming to the Master’s dinner, the poor and crippled and blind and lame were brought in and there was still #38_______. Photograph a #38.
10. Psalm 19:9 The laws of the Lord are sure and righteous. They are more precious than #39_____. Photograph a #39 colored flower.
11. Proverbs 30:26 #40______ are creatures of little power, yet they make their home in the crags (rocks). You can photograph a #40, one of these little rabbit-like alpine animals, in the Moraine Visitors Center. Here it has a different name. Can you guess what it is?
12. Luke 13:32 Jesus said, “Go tell that #41_____, I will drive out demons and heal people，and on the third day I will reach my goal. Photograph a #41.
13. Leviticus 11:6 The #42________ is unclean for you. Photograph a #42.
14. Amos 4:13 He who forms the #43_________…the Lord Almighty is His name. 2 Timothy 4:17-18 I was delivered from the #44______ mouth. The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack. Photograph a #43 #44.
15. Luke 11:11 If your son asks for a #45______ will you give him a snake instead? Photograph a #45.
16. Revelations 7:9-10 They were wearing #46_______ robes and shouted out, “Salvation belongs to God who sits on the throne and to the Lamb.” Photograph a #46 flower.
Return to Skits and Ideas menu